Biovance Capital is devoted to supporting biotechs with development of new therapeutics across Europe, with a focus on Portugal, Spain and Italy.
Biovance Capital is a venture capital firm based in Lisbon.
Biovance Capital will manage Biovance Capital Fund I that already counts with backing from the European
Investment Fund. The fund is expected to achieve first closing during 2023.
- We have a strong team with deep expertise in VC, biotech and
pharma. Our team includes PhD and MDs and an inventor of medical products, all educated at
leading institutions such as Harvard University, MIT and Imperial College
- Most of our team members have been full-time VCs for the past 7
years, having successfully invested in health startups in the UK, Spain and Portugal
- We focus on the European market, looking to support early-stage ventures
- We seek to collaborate with exceptional partners in academia,
biotech, and pharmaceutical companies and provide expertise and access to a global network of resources
to add value
- We have privileged access to high-quality deal flow from leading
universities, incubators and accelerators in Europe, enabling us to invest in breakthrough medical
treatments that can generate profitable returns
- Before investing in a company, we perform a rigorous and
extensive due diligence and help entrepreneurs improve their product development roadmap
- We have a wide personal network of international VCs